Friday, November 04, 2005

A Prosaic Tribute

When was it last that you made good friends with somebody?
I did sit and think about this, .and the result was quite shocking! It is almost 3 years since I made a new friend. No, I am not living in a lonely island. Am very much in the IT industry where we all work as a team! But yet, I sincerely feel, that the ability to make new friends is inversely proportional to ones age! I have acquainted a multitude, but friends, a very few..
If making friends is difficult, Parting is painful. I always thought the term 'farewell party' is a good example of a most commonly used oxymoron. What is there to party about a parting? Even if you are living in an era of technological revolution where communication is just a click away, saying goodbye to good friends is difficult! Well, I had to do it, with a couple of 'em today - Two of my friends at work are getting off to take a different route. They have been my comrades in this big bad IT world. Right from the induction as freshers through this 3 1/2 years, an elite few got together to be a 'tea gang'. We just stuck together in rain and shine. Be it technical, practical, tactical, political - we would be of great help and support to each other! In this highly competitive environment, we are sincere well wishers of each other too! It is quite difficult to get a crowd like this... Hats off to this friendship! But this elite gang shrunk and shrunk and today was a big blow with 3 more leaving! We are just 4 now!
Though I claim to be a practical, level-headed, tough minded girl, I have to admit it took some efforts to keep my cool about these best of friends leaving! I very well know that we will be exchanging mails and stay in touch, but it never is like walking to the desk to share a joke. I didn't mean to sound sentimental, but these are words from the bottom of my heart.

Will miss you buddies!

4 comments:

krishis said...

Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can
meet again. And meeting again, after moments or days, is certain for those who are friends
- "Definitely Not Mine" :-)

srivat said...

I hope the advancement in technologies will help us be in touch wherever we are and my instincts tell me that you are made to stay there just because of something good around the corner is about to happen.So cheer up.

Tyler Durden said...

i especially agree with the multitude of farewells and coming-togethers our great krishis has had. i am sure they were rib-ticklingly funny and regurgitatingy-horrid, both at the same time.

Yadhvi said...

@ krsihis and @ srivat,
It definitely feels better! Thankyou so much for being around!

@Tyler durden
you talkin about coming-togethers eh?